Don’t forget to finish up your Science Projects this week and bring them to school on Thursday, April 6th. Still looking for ideas? There are many projects that can be completed in one day! Students should drop off their science project in the Auditorium on Thursday morning. Please make sure the student’s name is visible on the project and attach the “Submission Form” to the back of the project. All projects will be on display in the Auditorium at Open House from 5:30 pm to 7:00 pm on Thursday, April 6th.
Today’s Virtual Backpack includes:
- Family Fun Night – Opportunity Drawing Ticket Order Form
- Family Fun Night – Wienerschnitzel Order Form
- Family Fun Night Flyer
- School Beautification Day Flyer
- Apperson PTA Newsletter – March 2017 (click to read)
- Tiger Tag Flyer
Apperson Street Elementary School is competing for a $10,000 grant to fund Computer Technology for the classrooms, as we work towards becoming a STEAM Magnet. Vote by visiting MyScholarDollars.com. Voting begins March 1, 2017. One vote per email address per day, through March 24!
The 31st District PTSA Reflections Reception and Awards Presentation will be held on Tuesday, February 28, 2017 from 6:30 – 8:00 pm at the 31st District Office, 17445 Cantlay Street in Van Nuys. We hope you will join us and celebrate all of our young artists!
Also, mark your calendars for the Local District Northeast Arts and Lit Fest on Saturday, March 18, 2017 from 10 am to 3 pm at San Fernando High School. Featuring the unique visual and performing arts talents of students from over 75 LAUSD Local District Northeast schools. See performances in MUSIC, DANCE, THEATER, AND FILM. Enjoy the Visual Art Gallery that highlights the versatile and creative talents of our LAUSD students. Experience the arts through hands-on activities offered by Entertainment Industry and professional artists. Several pieces will be on display from our very own Apperson Elementary students! You won’t want to miss this event.
Just a reminder, the Jog-a-thon is tomorrow, Monday, February 13. If you signed up to volunteer, we hope you can still help! See below for the schedule for the day. If you would still like to volunteer, contact Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org. Volunteers need to have a district volunteer badge. If you have not returned the permission slip/pledge form, please sign it and send it to school with your child tomorrow so they can participate with their class. Thanks for your support!
Our Reflections participants who entered in Visual Arts or Literature have an opportunity to showcase their work!
If you are interested, please bring your student’s art or literature entries to school on Tuesday, February 14. Please include Student’s Name, School, Teacher, and Grade on the back of the submissions. If you have the Reflections applications still on the artwork that would be helpful!
The Local District Northeast Art and Lit Fair is on March 18 from 10:00 am – 3:00 pm at San Fernando High School, 11133 O’Melveny Ave., San Fernando.
Contact Gigi with any questions at email@example.com.
More info at http://www.neartsandlitfest.com/
Due to inclement weather, the Jog-A-Thon has been rescheduled. It will now take place on Monday, February 13, 2017. You may continue to send in donations or ask friends and family to donate online at www.appersonpta.com/jog-a-thon. Please return the SIGNED permission slip/pledge form so that your child can participate. Thank you for your support of this fun event!
Apperson Elementary School
Friday, Feb. 10, 2017
Rescheduled due to inclement weather:
Monday, February 13, 2017
The 3rd Annual Apperson Jog-A-Thon is almost here! Here are a few reminders for our Apperson families:
- Collect donations – we accept cash, checks payable to Apperson PTA, and credit card donations online. Check the Jog-A-Thon page (www.appersonpta.com/jog-a-thon) for additional Collection sheets and an email template that you can send to family and friends. The Apperson PTA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and your donations may be tax deductible.
- Turn in the Volunteer Sign-Up slip if you are available to help out on Feb. 10. We will need parents to cheer on our students, tally laps, hand out water, etc.
- Turn in all donations on or before Friday, Feb. 10. This is a FUN event and every student must turn in a SIGNED PERMISSION SLIP in order to participate with their class. Even if you did not collect donations, please sign and return the pledge form/permission slip.
Remember, all students that participate will receive a participation TIGER TAG! The student who raises the most money and the student who runs the most laps from each class will be presented with an exclusive Tiger Tag and will be announced at the Morning Assembly!