Apperson Elementary School
November 20-30, 2020
Sponsor a Read-a-thoner!
Click here to make a donation via PayPal!
We are excited to announce our annual Read-a-thon! This is a fun event to encourage kids to read and build literacy skills while also raising money for the Apperson PTA without any selling. 100% of the proceeds go straight to the PTA to support our mission of benefiting all students at Apperson.
Here’s how it works:
- This year’s Read-a-thon will run from November 20 through November 30.
- Before it starts, students ask for pledges (either a flat donation or a donation per minute read) from family and friends. Use the Pledge Form to record the pledges. This year we are asking for only debit/credit card payments through our website at appersonpta.com/readathon-donation.
- Once the Read-a-thon starts, students should read, read, read as much as they can! See below for what reading counts. They can keep track of how many minutes they’ve read each day on the Reading Tracker. No guessing or rounding up minutes; please use a clock or timer and be honest, so this can be fair and fun for everyone!
- After the Read-a-thon ends, go to tinyurl.com/appersonreadathon to enter your minutes read. You can also follow this link for any donations you’ve collected. Please submit this by Wednesday, December 2, 2020.
What reading counts?
- Anything before November 20 or after November 30 does not count.
- Reading during class time does not count, but reading during recess or lunch does count!
- For younger students, being read to by someone else does count.
- Reading aloud to someone else (or a pet or stuffed animal) does count. If that person is also participating in the Read-a-thon, it counts for both of you!
- Reading something assigned as homework does count.
- Reading instead of doing your homework or your chores does not count.
Prizes! To be eligible for a prize, students must submit their total minutes read and any collected pledges online to tinyurl.com/appersonreadathon by Wednesday, December 2.
- Every student who participates, regardless of any donations collected, will be entered into a raffle for wonderful bookstore gifts and prizes!
- Make sure you include a parent/guardian’s email or phone number so we can contact you if you win a prize!
All entries must be received online by 11:59pm December 2 to be eligible for a prize.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Download the Pledge Form and Reading Tracker here