The Fall Festival is just over a month away! Please join us in the Parent Center on Thursday, September 14 at 8:15 am for a committee planning meeting. Everyone is welcome to attend. There are many ways that you can help in the planning process. No experience necessary! Interested in helping, but can’t make it to the meeting? Contact Kali at email@example.com.
The Wild West Book Fair is wrapping up this week – students can come back to the Book Fair to shop on Tuesday, September 12 during their recess or lunch, and the Book Fair will also be open after school during Back to School Night from 4:30 pm – 6:40 pm for parents to come purchase books. (Remember, Back to School night will offer two identical sessions for you to meet your student’s teachers in their classrooms from 5:30 -6:00 pm and 6:10 – 6:40 pm – the Book Fair will be open one hour early for you to shop!) All of the teachers have made “wish lists” of books that they would like to have in their classrooms. Please consider purchasing a book from these “wish lists” and donating it to the teacher’s class. Look for the display or ask one of the book fair volunteers for more info. Lastly, you can purchase books online through September 15 – http://onlinebookfairs.scholastic.com/default.aspx?f=3726712. All books ordered online will be shipped to the school for free and delivered to your student at the end of the fair.
Just a reminder, Picture Day is this Friday, September 15th! 🙂
Have you signed up for the Ralphs Community Contributions Program? You must renew your contribution every year after September 1st. If you have a Ralphs rewards card, all you need to do is log in to your account (or create one) at www.ralphs.com and add Apperson Elementary School PTA under the “Community Contributions” section. After you are enrolled, every time you shop with your rewards card, Apperson PTA will receive a donation from Ralphs. Need help registering? Call 1-800-443-4438.
The annual Apperson Fall Festival is this Saturday, October 15 from 11 am to 3 pm. We are still in need of volunteers! Please contact Kali at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are able to help! Adult shifts are one hour and student shifts are only 30 minutes (4th and 5th grade students only). We can not run this amazing event without volunteers.
We are now accepting donations for the Fall Festival cake walk – please drop off any cakes, cupcakes, cookies, brownies, pies, etc. in the office or at the morning valet tomorrow! The more donations we receive, the longer the game lasts on Saturday!
The 5th grade is holding a recycling drive at the Fall Festival – bring a bag of at least 50 crushed cans to the 5th grade booth and get an exclusive recycling Tiger Tag! Please also look for the recycling bin during the Festival when disposing of your empty soda cans and water bottles! All proceeds go to the 5th grade fund.
Skip the lines on Saturday and purchase your Fall Festival activity wristbands tomorrow before school at the Day Street gate or after school at the Woodward gate. Wristbands are $5 and include unlimited access to all carnival games, prizes, crafts, photo booth, inflatables, and cake walk.
There will be lots to see and do at the Fall Festival – be sure to check out the PTA booth where you can become a member of the PTA for only $8 and also purchase Apperson t-shirts and sweatshirts for the whole family. We will have Tiger Tags on sale for $1 each, pumpkins for sale for $3 or 2 for $5 (while supplies last), and a variety of drinks and snacks for sale at the 5th grade snack bar (cash only). The 5th grade is also selling gently used Halloween costumes for only $3 each!!! Don’t forget to visit our many local vendors and purchase lunch or dessert from Carl’s Jr and Nitropod Ice Cream.
Everyone is encouraged to wear their costumes to the Fall Festival – there will be a costume parade at 12:00 pm – meet at the DJ booth to participate. Please no weapons or masks. Costume prizes will be given out in several categories!
We look forward to seeing you all at the festival!
Today’s Virtual Backpack includes:
- Fall Festival Invitation
- Fall Festival – Pop up Tent Flyer
- Fall Festival Pumpkin Sale
- Tiger Tag Sale
- Fall Festival – Cake Walk Flyer
- Fall Festival – Wristbands Pre-sale
- Reflections Flyer
- Student Volunteer Sign Up for Fall Festival – 4th and 5th Grade Students ONLY
- 5th Grade Snack Bar Donations and Volunteer Sign Ups – 5th Grade Parents/Students ONLY – contact email@example.com with any questions or to sign up to volunteer!
Any other parents who would like to volunteer at the Fall Festival, please return this form or contact Kali at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are just a few quick reminders for this week!
- Yearbook Committee Meeting – Thursday, October 6 @ 11:00 am in the Workroom. Please join us if you would like to help with this year’s yearbook! All are welcome. We will need lots of parents to help with taking pictures, laying out pages in the book, etc. Come learn more and find out how you can get involved.
- 5th Grade Yearbook Cover Art – All submissions for the yearbook cover are due tomorrow. This is open to 5th graders only. Mrs. Paige will be collecting all cover artwork tomorrow following the yearbook meeting. Artwork will be on display at the Fall Festival on Saturday, October 15 – be sure to come and vote for your favorite one!!
- Halloween Costume Donations – We are now collecting new/gently used Halloween costume donations. Please drop them off at the Valet Gate on Day Street in the morning, or leave them in the office marked “PTA Fall Festival”. All donated costumes will be for sale at the Fall Festival on Saturday, October 15 – proceeds from the sale will go to the 5th grade fund.
Today’s virtual backpack includes:
- Fall Festival Volunteer Sign Up
- October Newsletter
Today’s virtual backpack includes:
- Halloween Costume Flyer – donations needed!
- School Beautification Day *Tuesday, September 27*
(please note the correct date is this Tuesday, Sept 27 not May- oops!)
- Teacher Luncheon Flyer – please let us know ASAP if you are able to donate food for the Teacher Appreciation Welcome Back Luncheon!
Today’s virtual backpack includes:
- Fall Festival Vendor Application
- Aluminum Can Recycling Drive Flyer
- Read-a-thon Flyers
The Apperson PTA Fall Festival is coming on Saturday, October 15th! If you or someone you know would like to have a vendor space at the festival, please contact Kali at email@example.com as soon as possible to reserve your spot! See flyer below for more information.
The 5th grade committee will be collecting crushed cans at the Fall Festival to help raise money for the 5th grade field trip! Start saving your cans now – the first 50 people to bring at least 50 cans to the Fall Festival will receive an exclusive recycling Tiger Tag!
The Apperson PTA Read-a-thon has begun! Ask your family and friends to sponsor you by making a flat donation or a donation per minute read. Everyone who participates receives a Read-a-thon Tiger Tag! Prizes will be given for students who read the most minutes and raise the most money. The Apperson PTA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and your donations may be tax-deductible. Visit www.appersonpta.com/readathon for more information, to download an email tempate to request donations, to print out extra forms, or to make a donation online! Please contact Nelson at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Thanks for your support!
Please join us tomorrow morning, Friday, August 26th @ 8:15 am in the Parent Center for the first Fall Festival Planning Committee Meeting! All are welcome!!!
Don’t forget the Apperson PTA Ice Cream Social is tomorrow night from 5:30 – 7:30 pm on the big yard. This is a free event for our Apperson families! There will be music, free leis and stamps for the kids, and delicious shave ice from Whipp’d LA – don’t forget to bring your tickets! A limited number of additional tickets will be available for purchase for $1 each.
We will be having a very short special PTA meeting next Thursday, September 1 @ 8:15 am to discuss the purchase of new tables and benches for the school. We hope to see you there.
The Fall Festival is quickly approaching and our first planning meeting will be this Friday, August 26 at 8:15 am in the Parent Center, room 29. All are welcome to attend! Please bring your ideas, your enthusiasm, and your willingness to help!