- Reflections Invitation
- November Newsletter-Bulletin #55 (click to view)
Please join us tomorrow morning, Thursday, August 21st, in the Apperson Auditorium for our very first PTA meeting of the year! Come and meet the current PTA board, hear about all the wonderful events already in the works for this year, and find out how YOU can get involved! Meeting begins at 8:30 am – enter through the Auditorium on Apperson Street. Delicious refreshments will be served and children are always welcome. See you there!
Happy November! The following flyers were sent home this week.
- PTA November Newsletter: Please read the PTA Newsletter for more information on PTA happenings.
- Reflections Reception/PTA Meeting Invitation: Don’t forget to send in your RSVP for the November PTA Meeting/Dinner/Reflections Reception on Wednesday, November 20th. This will be a great opportunity for working parents to come hear about PTA activities, and for everyone to come view the incredible artwork submitted to the Reflections art contest. Take the night off from cooking – dinner and dessert will be served!
- Straw Hat Pizza Restaurant Fundraiser (flyer coming home next week): Mark your calendar – the Fifth Grade Committee is sponsoring a fundraiser at Straw Hat Pizza on Friday, November 15th from 1 pm – 9 pm. Come hang out with fellow Apperson families while earning money for our school!
- Holiday Shop Volunteer Form: The holidays will be here before we know it, and preparations for the PTA sponsored Holiday Shop are already underway. Please return the volunteer form if you are able to help in the shop during the week of Dec. 9 – 12. As a reminder, you will need to have your district issued volunteer badge in order to help at this event.
- Important Dates: NO SCHOOL on Monday, November 11th – Veteran’s Day. Next week is Parent/Teacher Conference Week. School hours on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday are 8:15 am – 12:44 pm.
Trouble reading the newsletter? View it as a pdf here: PTA Newsletter November 2013
Thursday, October 17th – 8:30 am PTA Meeting in the Auditorium, with guest speaker Mr. Elzanaty from Mount Gleason Middle School Magnet, immediately following the meeting
Friday, October 18th – Picture Day, Box Tops are Due, and 5th Grade Popsicle Sale After School!
Saturday, October 19th – 11:00 am to 3:00 pm Fall Festival and Opportunity Drawing!
Fall Festival Wristbands ($5 each) and Opportunity Drawing Tickets ($10 each) will be sold before and after school tomorrow and Friday – avoid the ticket line at the festival!
Check out the latest donation list for the Opportunity Drawing:
|4 Guest Checks and 2 T-Shirts||In-N-Out Burger||$47.00|
|Coffee Basket #1||Green Mountain Coffee||$30.00|
|Coffee Basket #2||Green Mountain Coffee||$30.00|
|Cheesecake Factory $50 Gift Card||Cheesecake Factory||$50.00|
|2 $20 Gift Cards||Kids Castle Burbank||$40.00|
|25 1-Day Red Box DVD Rentals||Outerwall||$30.00|
|Fat Albert DVD Collection||Gaiam Entertainment||$119.99|
|Power Rangers Complete Series DVD||Gaiam Entertainment||$119.99|
|Bruce Lee DVD Collection||Gaiam Entertainment||$119.99|
|Super Bowl I-XL DVD Collection||Gaiam Entertainment||$149.99|
|Assorted Movie Basket||Gaiam Entertainment||$178.00|
|Thousand Trails Cabins – 2 Night Stay||Soledad Canyon RV & Camping Resort||$160.00|
|CLASSES AND SERVICES|
|One Month of Art Classes||Modest Fly Art Studio and Gallery – Tujunga|
|One Month Martial Arts Training plus Uniform||The Martial Way – La Crescenta||$165.00|
|4 Weeks Martial Arts plus Uniform||Sunland Martial Arts||$199.00|
|60-Minute Massage #1||Massage by Jennifer Bouton/AcuRelief||$85.00|
|60-Minute Massage #2||Massage by Jennifer Bouton/AcuRelief||$85.00|
|Initial Exam and 1 Acupuncture Treatment #1||AcuRelief – Montrose||$215.00|
|Initial Exam and 1 Acupuncture Treatment #2||AcuRelief – Montrose||$215.00|
|14 inch Individual Child Portrait on Canvas||Bradford Renaissance Portraits||$3,000.00|
|11×14 Wall Portrait on Canvas||Bradford Renaissance Portraits||$3,000.00|
|16 x 20 Wall Portrait on Canvas||Bradford Renaissance Portraits||$5,000.00|
|MUSEUMS AND THEME PARKS|
|2 Tickets||Adventure City – Anaheim||$30.00|
|2 General Admission Tickets||Battleship Iowa – San Pedro||$36.00|
|Member-For-A-Day Certificate (2 adults/4 kids)||Skirball Cultural Center||$60.00|
|4 General Admission Guest Passes||Discovery Science Center – Santa Ana||$64.00|
|Admission for 2- Experience Tour and Theatre||Hearst Castle – San Simeon||$50.00|
|2 Admission Passes||Aquarium of the Pacific – Long Beach||$52.00|
|2 Admission Tickets||Medieval Times – Buena Park||$116.00|
|2 Complimentary Passes||Universal Studios Hollywood||$168.00|
|4 Single-Day Admission Tickets||Sea World San Diego||$316.00|
|USC Basket||The Turk Family||$55.00|
|4 Regular Season Home Game Tickets||Los Angeles Sparks||$260.00|
|Autographed Team Basketball||Los Angeles Clippers|
|Choclate Lovers Basket||Room 14|
|Christmas Prep Basket||Room 2||$125.00|
|Happy Halloween!||Room 17||$83.00|
|Family Movie Night||Room 4 and Room 6||$150.00|
|Date Night Basket||Room 22||$160.00|
|Keurig Coffee Maker and Cups||Room 9||$185.00|
|To the Moon!||Room 3 and Room 1||$200.00|
|Kindle Fire and $15 Amazon Gift Card||Room 26||$200.00|
|A Despicable Day at Universal Studios||Room 16||$550.00|
Apperson Street Elementary PTA
Association Meeting Agenda
October 17, 2013
Call to Order
Approval of the Minutes 3 min
Treasurer’s Report 5 min
Principal’s Report- 3 min
President’s Report- 2 min Report from Council Meeting/ Unit of the Year Requirements
Fall Festival-5 min Board Recommendations
Basket Raffle- 3 min
Reflections- 3 min Board Recommendation
Earthquake Preparedness- 3 min Bill to be paid for kits
Yearbook- 5 min Board Recommendations (2) & Announcement of Theme
5th Grade Committee- 3 min
Box Tops- 3 min
Holiday Shop- 3 min
Board Recommendations -6 min
Approve payment of RRF-1 Renewal Fee not to exceed $25
Approve payment of Tax Preparation Fee not to exceed $300
Send three members to District Membership Meeting and Dinner Sept 30 not to exceed $135
Guest Speaker- Magnet Coordinator from Mt. Gleason Middle School